Monday, March 15, 2010

Oh pacifier, how we love you, please don't go!


So Brianna had her 18 month check up on Friday and her Dr. who we love said to prepare myself because at her dentist appointment which is next week they will probably tell me to ditch the pacifier. What???? No way!! We and I do mean we love the pacifier. It has so many good uses, the pictures below demonstrate my case....Car rides always a nice comfort for Brianna to have and it helps to get her in the car when she doesn't want to leave somewhere.
Calming Brianna into the night time routine of reading books while I am exhausted from the day.
Taking naps in other places like Grandma's house at Thanksgiving.
Comfort for big Owies or Boo Boos like this one on her noggin.
And of course the biggest one of all sleep! Brianna begs to go in her crib so she can try her many pacifiers out, since she only gets her pacifier for sleep times, she loves to go to bed so she can get her pacifier fix.

So I think I will start saving now for the inevitable braces and ignore the dentist, as well as pretend that I don't see her teeth already showing signs that the pacifier is making them shift in the wrong direction. Her smile will always be beautiful to me! Besides now that I have my sleep back I dread the day when we do get rid of the pacifier like maybe when she is 5 :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear ya!

Erin said...

I LOVE the pacifier too and we don't discuss getting rid of it until 3. :) Also, my sister in law is a dental hygenist and she said that kids don't have their "true bite" until their adult teeth come in, so it's all a big myth that the pacifier messes up their teeth. Good bye, guilty conscience.